Members please note the following as we all try to play our part in stopping the spread of COVID19.
Only Essential transactions should be made at the counter in our office.
LODGEMENTS can be made in the following ways:
- Express Lodgement envelope in Express Lodgement box in the office.
- Debit card payment over the phone.
- Standing Orders/Electronic Payments on-line.
WITHDRAWALS can be made by:
- Calling the office to transfer monies electronically. Secure on-line access via Cu247or www.manorhamiltoncu.ie
We are appealing to members NOT to request non-essential transactions face to face in the office such as:
- Opening new accounts (please contact us by phone or e-mail and we will do our best to accommodate you)
- Non-critical lodgements
- Statements ( you can request over phone and we will post)
- Updating of balances in passbook.
Please contact us on 071-9855500, 087-0643954 or 085-8745617 if you have any questions or concerns.
Manorhamilton Credit Union Annual Accounts
At this time, we would normally have held our Annual General Meeting (AGM) to present the audited accounts and annual report to you. This year, due to the impact of the Covid 19 pandemic and the restrictions of large gatherings, we were unable to hold a physical meeting.
In the meantime, in the interests of clarity to you, our members, the audited accounts of Manorhamilton credit union are now published on our website. View here.
We will be able to host a virtual AGM in the coming months and we will revert with the AGM booklet and date for the AGM as soon as possible.
The Board of Directors, Staff and Volunteers wish you a healthy & safe New Year.
Unfortunately, due to the current climate of negative interest rates available for credit union funds and the requirement to reserve 10% of the assets of the credit union, the Board of Directors have reluctantly taken the decision to limit savings amounts to €15,000. This will come into effect from 1st May 2021. All members with a Standing Order, Pay Deduction or Farm Payment coming to their account which would allow their balance to exceed this amount are requested to cancel them immediately. The Board of Directors will review this decision on an on-going basis.
Manorhamilton & District Credit Union is registered for SEPA payments only.
If as a member you wish to transfer funds into your account, then the payment should be made as a SEPA payment only. If you are aware that a third party is making a payment into your account, it is advisable that they tell their financial institution that the payment should be made via SEPA. If a payment is sent in any other way, for example by SWIFT, the payment will be rejected by our processing Bank and the Payer may incur a rejection charge that he/she may be liable for.
What is a SEPA payment?
SEPA stands for Single Euro Payments Area. A SEPA payment is sent through the SEPA Scheme. The SEPA payment scheme was created to simplify euro transfers between EU member states.
The SEPA scheme consists of the 27 EU Member States plus Iceland, Norway, Liechtenstein, Switzerland, Monaco, the United Kingdom and San Marino.
To make a SEPA payment you need:
- The IBAN of the person you want to pay
- The bank to which you are sending the payment to be a member of the SEPA scheme
- The payment to be in euro
Please note: Manorhamilton & District Credit Union is unable to accept SWIFT payments. You may incur charges if you attempt to send money to your account in Manorhamilton & District Credit Union via SWIFT.
We're here to help
- Check out our loan calculator for repayments that suit you.
- Joining is Easy! To be eligible for membership of Manorhamilton Credit Union Limited you must be living or working within our common bond area.
- This year is yet another year that is delivering families and individuals some tough financial challenges