CU Greener Homes
Whether you are considering a new boiler or a deep retrofit, CU Greener Homes is here to help you.
MANORHAMILTON Credit Union, has partnered with Energia and House 2 Home, of CU Greener Homes, a one-stop-solution for all your home energy upgrades.
Key Benefits of the Scheme
- There are no hidden fees or transaction charges
- Our interest rates are fair and reasonable compared to others in the market
- Repayments are calculated on your reducing balance, so you pay less interest with each repayment
- Your credit union loan is insured - subject to terms and conditions - at no direct cost to you. Other lenders charge for this
- You can pay off your loan early, make additional lump sum repayments or increase your regular repayments, without a penalty. Other lenders may charge you extra for paying them back faster!
- Easy Application Process - a one-stop-solution to help you with all the elements of home energy efficiency improvements
- Grants of up to €35,000 per home available, as well as additional financial support from Energia for eligible work
- Low Cost Loan - loan rates from as low as 4.9% APR
- Fully managed Grant process - all aspects of the grant application managed on your behalf
- Expert Advice and Assistance - A dedicated project manager is on hand to help you with all aspects of the project, from start to finish
Grant support of up to €35,000 per home is available from the Sustainable Energy Authority of Ireland (SEAI) for deep retrofit works on homes built pre-2011. In addition, as part of this initiative, Energia will provide additional financial support for eligible work. Terms, conditions and eligibility criteria apply.
Loans from as low as 4.9% APR
In order to support the green economy and encourage everyone to strive for most energy efficient enhancements, we are offering the lowest interest rates on work which has the biggest overall impact on the home’s energy rating.
Approved retrofit work which results in the home achieving a Building Energy Rating (BER) of A3 or better will attract a loan interest rate of 4.9% APR.
Approved retrofit work which results in the home achieving a Building Energy Rating (BER) of B2 or better will attract a loan interest rate of 5.96% APR.
Approved work which results in a home achieving an energy rating of lower than B2 will attract a loan interest rate of 7.98% APR.
How it Works
Use our Energy Upgrade Calculator on https://cugreenerhomes.ie/ to find out:
- The cost of proposed home energy upgrades for your home
- The grant support which you may be eligible for
- The cost of credit union finance to help you fund the project
- The impact of the work on the energy efficiency of your home